Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Begins with a Win

I just realized my last blog post was 1/1/19, haha! That's sad, but here's another similarity that isn't sad but thrilling. This new year's day post will also include a huge milestone that involves SMITH Magazine's Six Word Memoirs. On 12/29/19, I found out I'd won first place in one of their contests for which there was 680+ entries. Check out the announcement on their page, or view my screenshots below. It was just the confidence boost I needed to get me motivated and back on track.



I started this blog to be a journal of my writing endeavors. As any writer knows, those highly coveted milestones are not easy to attain. It tends to be like an actor auditioning for a role with fierce competition. But I won't score any publishing credits without putting forth the effort, which means WRITING. I need to do more of that. I hear it all the time from friends and family. (But gaming Netflix, and crafting are such tempting time snatchers!) Aha, there are always distractions, but in a writer's mind, everything's a story! Life sure keeps my idea bank loaded. So I have no excuse.

Thanks to all who help me stay motivated, and cheers to 2020. Wishing you all a prosperous and joyous year ahead!


1 comment: