Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Published - One of my favorite words

I had a nice back-to-work-after-a-holiday-weekend day, thank goodness! It went smoothly, especially after I thought I had a deadline to chase today, but the client moved it to the end of the month---Nice! As an editor, I always try to be brutal because that's what it takes to make a piece of writing the best it can be. Well, today, I had a client actually tell me, "We prefer to leave that grammatically wrong." This was in regards to "because of" vs. "due to." They are not interchangeable, but that doesn't seem to be widely known OR accepted. I always tell people to look it up if I sound crazy, and the proof is rampant in the Google search results.

On a positive note, I got the final-final email note today from Chicken Soup for the Soul, confirming my story will indeed be part of their October book about inspiration for kids. Should be in stores Oct. 29, yippee!

I've been writing aimlessly for nearly a year, so that was a well-needed splash of enthusiasm, plus last weekend, I finally finished the revamp of my first novel. It's on Amazon/Kindle, and I have some tweaking to do with Createspace, but I'm good to go for the most part! My husband, Anthony, my graphic artist, is going to make some promo material for me. I'm trying to come up with some bright and fresh ideas for promos, something that hasn't been overdone. When the planning comes to fruition, I will gladly share what I learned on this blog.

I'm currently working on a fantasy short story, a small project before I resume working on my autism journey non-fiction book that I plan to release this November.  But at this very moment, I'm going to close off this wonderful day reading my latest guilty pleasure. Yes, book 4 of Stephen King's Dark Tower series.



'Til next time. Happy writing!


2 comments: