Saturday, December 5, 2015

'Writer's Market: Deluxe Edition' has arrived

The strangest thing happened today. My WritersMarket.com account froze because I forgot to add my updated debit card information online. So the automatic billing didn't go through. I went online to get that fixed, and my internet was suddenly dragging. Pages were taking an eternity to load, and I had to restart it twice.

Very frustrated, I gave up because my son was ready to head out to lunch. When we got back home, I saw a package on the front door welcome mat. I don't know about you, but anytime I receive a package in the mail, I get hyper like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning.

It was my copy of Writer's Market: Deluxe Edition 2016! I guess the Universe must have known I'd be wasting my time updating my payment information because with this book comes a one-year subscription. Yes! Isn't it funny how things happen sometimes?

This is also a first for me. I have had the online membership of $5.99/month for several years, but I've never ordered the print book. This year, I decided I just had to have it in my hands. Now I can make the most of having this plus the online membership for the next 365 days. As any writer knows, motivation often comes from the most unexpected places. Reading one long paragraph in a book, random encounters with strangers, a dream, or one click on a certain link can lead you down a road of opportunity you didn't know existed. That's precisely how I stumbled upon the call-out for submission from FreedomWithWriting.com that lead to my essay being published a couple weeks ago in their latest e-book anthology. (If you're curious, check out my previous blog post titled "Double bling.")

Well, it's a beautiful Saturday in Southeast Texas, my house is clean, and I feel inspired to get some writing done.

*Cracking open my new book with a smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment