Monday, October 14, 2013

Published and motivated

A few months back, I submitted an article about childhood bullying to Chicken Soup for the Soul, and my story was accepted for publication in their latest book Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive for Kids. My article is called "Don't Fight it, Just Write it." I got my copies in the mail last week, and seeing them in tangible form was a thrill like none other. One of a writer's favorite words is "published!" I was in a slump prior to that, but this new sparkle has gotten me hyped and enthused to land a few more.


Not to mention, I'm still on furlough because of the government shutdown, and I see some financial doom and gloom in my near future when bills are rolling in and money isn't! Freelance can be a savior, but first I must land the jobs, which is the tough part.

Latest Moves
  • I sent emails to about 10 book reviewers yesterday, and 2 responded, one declined stating my book sounded YA (which it is SO not - hence, the 18 & up warning in the front matter!), and the other said it is just the kind of weird book she likes to read, ha! One out of ten is pretty good. 
  • A guy placed my book cover in the game Second Life as an ad, and it will run there for a month. 
  • Radio Rock 92.6 The Blitz is running a 1-minute spot with my book synopsis on weekdays for a month. They exist to support indie artists! You should check them out if you are a starving artist! Click their name to visit the facebook page. 
  • I joined the site M.A.R.S. Social, which is another group that supports artists of all kinds. They are very welcoming.
  • I've joined http://fiverr.com/neesha101! Fiverr is a site where you can buy all kinds of services from people for $5. I'm a seller, meaning I listed 3 gigs: I'll edit the first 5 pages of your book for $5; I'll proofread your About Me page for $5; and I'll proofread up to 2,500 words for $5. 

So, if you're an author, you can go check out my gig and get the first 5 pages of your book professionally edited by yours truly for 5 bucks! 

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment